Prof Steve Hencher
Research Professor in Engineering Geology
Email address: S.R.Hencher@leeds.ac.uk
Room: 22CP 2.10
Affiliation: Institute of Applied Geoscience
- Landslide mechanisms in weathered terrain.
- Shear strength of rock joints and rock masses
- Ground investigation techniques and rock classification.
- Litigation in Civil Engineering and how to avoid it.
Part time teaching to MSc students at Leeds and at Hong Kong University.
- Hencher SR; Richards LR (2014) Assessing the Shear Strength of Rock Discontinuities at Laboratory and Field Scales, Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, . doi: 10.1007/s00603-014-0633-6
- Hencher SR (2014) Characterizing discontinuities in naturally fractured outcrop analogues and rock core: The need to consider fracture development over geological time, Geological Society Special Publication, 374, pp.113-123. doi: 10.1144/SP374.15
- Lee SG; Hencher SR (2013) Assessing the stability of a geologically complex slope where strong dykes locally act as reinforcement, Global View of Engineering Geology and the Environment - Proceedings of the International Symposium and 9th Asian Regional Conference of IAEG, pp.117-121.
- Lee SG; Hencher SR (2013) Assessing the stability of a geologically complex slope where strong dykes locally act as reinforcement, Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, 46, pp.1339-1351. doi: 10.1007/s00603-013-0372-0
- Lee SG; Hencher SR (2013) Assessing the Stability of a Geologically Complex Slope Where Strong Dykes Locally Act as Reinforcement, Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, pp.1-13. doi: 10.1007/s00603-013-0372-0
- (2012) Practical Engineering Geology, CRC PressI Llc.
- Hencher SR (2012) Discussion of Alejano, Gonzalez and Muralha (2012), Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, pp.1-3. doi: 10.1007/s00603-012-0288-0
- Hencher SR; Lee SG; Carter TG; Richards LR (2011) Sheeting joints - Characterisation, Shear Strength and Engineering, Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, 44, pp.1-22.
- Hencher SR (2010) Preferential flow paths through soil and rock and their association with landslides, HYDROL PROCESS, 24, pp.1610-1630. doi: 10.1002/hyp.7721
- Hencher SR; Lee SG (2010) Landslide Mechanisms in Hong Kong, Engineering Geology Special Publications, 23, pp.77-103.
- Devonald DM; Thompson JA; Hencher SR; Sun HW (2009) Geomorphological landslide models for hazard assessment: a case study at Cloudy Hill, Hong Kong, Q J ENG GEOL HYDROGE, 42, pp.473-486. doi: 10.1144/1470-9236/08-001
- Lee SG; Hencher SR (2009) The repeated failure of a cut-slope despite continuous reassessment and remedial works, ENG GEOL, 107, pp.16-41. doi: 10.1016/j.enggeo.2009.03.011
- Shaquour F; Jarrar G; Hencher S; Kuisi M (2008) Geotechnical and mineralogical characteristics of marl deposits in Jordan, Volume 55, . doi: 10.1007/s00254-007-1128-5
- Hencher SR (2008) Slide Rule Technology, 41, pp.19-21.
- Hencher SR (2008) The 'New' British and European Standard Guidance on Rock Description, Ground Engineering, 41, pp.17-21.
- Hencher SR (2007) Slope Failures in Hong Kong, Geophysical Research Abstracts, 9, .
- Blake JR; Renaud JP; Anderson MG; Hencher SR (2003) Prediction of rainfall-induced transient water pressure head behind a retaining wall using a high-resolution finite element model, COMPUT GEOTECH, 30, pp.431-442. doi: 10.1016/S0266-352X(03)00055-7
- Hencher SR; Liao QH; Monaghan BG (1996) Modelling slope behaviour for open-pits, Transactions of the Institution of Mining and Metallurgy. Section A: Mining Industry, pp.37-47.
- Nettleton I; Martin S; Hencher S; Moore R () Debris Flow types and Mechanisms. In Scottish Road Network Landslide Study, pp.45-67.